Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weekend with the Exchange Students

Hey everyone! Well not too much has happened since vacation, but I still did a little bit to keep myself busy. As usual the school week was normal with a few basketball practices in between. It's hard to believe that I only have a few practices left here in the Netherlands. I think they may be the last actual basketball practices of my life because I don't actually play in the States. As I say on every update it has been a great year to be a part of our team here. Yesterday we actually had a game. I thought our games were over but I was wrong. I guess it wasn't really a game though just more like a fun competition. Tracks Parkstad is the club that I am with, but there are several teams within the club so they got all teams together and picked people randomly. So now we all play against each other. It was quite fun yesterday and I met some new people as well. Yesterday was also my first host brothers birthday so I was invited to go over there for dinner. It was just like old times, and I really enjoyed it. Okay, so this past weekend we had a another weekend with the exchange students. This time it was a shorter weekend (literally less than 24 hours) but it was extremely fun. We went wadlopen. Now before you get all confused let me explain to you what it is. This type of walking takes place in the Wadden sea which stretches from the north of the Netherlands all the way up to Denmark. The prerequisite for Wadlopen is a shallow sea. This means that for a few hours of the day, you are able to walk on the sea. In some places there is only a few inches of water and in some places there is just mud. I enjoyed it more when there was a little bit of water because when you were just stepping in pure mud and sinking down half a foot it felt kind of weird but either way it was really fun. We walked for about 3 hours, but it is a little harder to be walking on mud the whole time. It was a good work out to say the least. Not all the exchange students were there because it is getting close to the end of the year and a lot of them are busy. If I can remember correctly I think 8 of us were missing. It's okay though because I will be seeing them again in less than two weeks on the Euro Tour!!!! I know that this is a rather short update and I hope to update again before I go on the Euro Tour, but if I don't I will let you guys know all about it after the trip. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment